This is for embedded hardware design aspirants in India. If you are new to hardware design , you can have some idea from this link. This link provides information of hardware project done by engineering student. I had discussed embedded opportunities at this link.
Most of the hardware designing opportunities in start-up companies are from IoT domain. Students must understand that hardware design is not just PCB design or reverse engineering of any existing product. Existing products can always be used as a reference but new custom board design require more efforts.
How to get hardware design job ?
Hardware design is not easy task and a small mistake may impact the complete project schedule and sometime loss of opportunity itself. This is one of the reason for putting freshers in testing & maintenance job first. It is easy to fix a software mistake but it is relatively tough to fix hardware design mistakes.
You can expect a full stack Embedded system designer job opportunity only from startup companies. In small companies a single person does circuit design , PCB design, firmware development and board bring-up tasks. This overall exercise is good for 1-2yrs but in long run you have to focus on one domain only. I also got such opportunity in small companies through freelancing.
Which skills to focus for getting entry level hardware designer job ?
- Digital and Analog electronics concepts
- PCB design to understand the concepts
- Model simulation
- Power supply basics
- Embedded C basics. This helps in understanding MCU better and increase chance of employment. We have one very low cost Getting Started in C course for this purpose.
Where can I find entry level job opportunities in hardware design ?
Currently we have multiple hardware design opportunities in India . We had posted JDs in this platform:
- Entry level with bond (Gurugram) : This requires knowledge of basic electronics, good academic background and learning attitude
- Entry level (Bangalore) : This requires some experience in designing circuits . Exposure to RF circuit designing is preferred. Selected candidate will be given opportunity to do firmware programming as well.
- 1-4 yrs working experience (Pune) : It requires experience in circuit designing and MCU baremetal programming.
- 1-4 yrs working experience (Gurugram) : This requires exposure to Analog design and capability to do basic firmware development
Please note that above vacancies are with different product based companies on Jan 2023. However we can expect similar in future as well. So if you are interested in embedded hardware designing career, You can do FREE registration using following form.
We will provide access to following self-test to shortlisted candidates based on the job requirement at that particular time.