Job Type: Full-time
Location: HSR Layout, Bengaluru
We are looking for an Embedded Firmware Engineer whose primary responsibility will be to create the complete firmware for an IoT sensor device. You will be working with other engineers— some of which are creating the hardware platform, and others who are writing server-side and mobile app interfaces for the device — who will coordinate with you in determining the architecture and constraints of the project. Ideal candidates will have excellent skills in collaborative problem solving, the willingness to overcome hardware constraints, and the internal drive to create quality products.
Role & Responsibilities
● Analyze the project and participate in multi-way discussions with hardware engineers and software engineers to familiarize yourself with the product.
● Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment.
● Design, develop, code, test, and debug device firmware.
● Develop codes for new projects and maintain, update codes of existing projects.
● Interface with hardware design and development teams for new product development.
● Assess third-party and open-source software.
● Take ownership of tasks assigned and drive innovation in firmware development.
Skills & Experience
● Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, or relevant field.
● Proven working experience of 4-6 years in embedded firmware development. Experience with
developing firmware for low power battery-powered, microcontroller based IoT devices is
● Ability to work independently in a fast-paced start-up environment with Agile.
● Firmware development experience not limited to API calls and Application programming, but
digging deep into the toolchain or libraries to fix issues.
● Good understanding of the software development lifecycle.
● Worked with STM32 Cortex®-M3,Microchip, and Nordic NRF Microcontrollers / SOC’s.
● Must have knowledge or experience in USB MSD bootloader implementation.
● Worked with Simcom, Quectel and Telit modems.
● Worked with microSD cards and Embedded Flash Memory.
● Worked in implementing OTA programming for microcontrollers using Cellular Modems (No WiFi).
● Worked with STMCube IDE, Atmel Studio, MPLAB X IDE.
● Strong programming knowledge of C and C++, data structures in an embedded software context.
● Strong knowledge of communication protocols like UART, I2C, SPI. RS-232/485.
● Strong knowledge of embedded peripherals like Timers, WDT, RTC, GPIO, EEPROM.
● Ability to create custom libraries for reading sensors based on datasheets.
● Experience in setting up tool-chains for firmware development from scratch.
● Good experience with low-power design and advanced sleep modes.
● Proven experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time
operating systems is an added advantage.
● Good understanding of underlying electronics to the point where it influences firmware
development and debugging.
● Strong experience with software configuration management tools, source control tools such as
Git, defect tracking tools, and peer review.
● Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces, and hardware subsystems.
● Good knowledge of reading schematics and datasheets for components. Able to interpret
datasheets/reference manuals into code.
● A knack for benchmarking and optimization.
● Strong documentation and writing skills.
How to Apply ?
Interested candidates can send resume to email@example.com with subject Firmware Engineer II at Bangalore
If you want Embedkari communication related to Job in future. Fill this form as well.