Our client is AI-powered IoT-SaaS platform for horticulture, which captures real-time data on
growing conditions from on-farm sensors and delivers farm-specific, crop-specific,
crop-stage-specific actionable advisories to farmers via mobile in vernacular languages.
Founded in 2018, it focuses on high-value, export-oriented horticulture crops where
farmers are concerned with maximizing yield quality and minimizing chemical residues.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: HSR Layout, Bengaluru
We are looking for an Hardware Test Engineer whose primary responsibility will be to create
the Test plan/Documents and Execution of the Test plans for an IoT sensor device. Ideal
candidates will have excellent skills in collaborative problem solving, the willingness to
overcome hardware constraints, and the internal drive to create quality products.
Roles & Responsibility of the role
● Create the test plan for the different stages of the hardware testing and execute them.
● Develop and implement system and board level test plans with hardware development engineers.
● Design test plans and test cases to validate new products and improve existing products.
● Perform product validation and verification of hardware in field or lab environment.
● Drive the evaluation and enhancement of the testing process and best practice documentation. Improve processes and actively enhance efficiency, consistency, cost avoidance, test leverage and customer satisfaction.
● Understand product requirements to come up with test strategy and test plans to meet quality, reliability and cost goals.
● Evaluate technical readiness prior to releasing to manufacturing.
● Execute and prepare the report of the board testing.
● Conduct FMEAs and other failure analysis of HW Design.
● Conduct routine tests and troubleshoot problems relating to hardware.
● Co-ordinate with Manufacturing and setup production and test setups.
● Perform PCB board level validation and execute system validation to verify design parameters through robust testing.
● Define test strategy, implement and optimize test setup/processes including design and qualification of test fixtures, test equipment and test software.
● Drive test requirements, specifications and limits with the hardware development team
● Work concurrently with the design engineers to provide design for testability (DFT) feedback throughout the design process.
● Investigate and troubleshoot yield issues during prototype and production builds.
● Able to define objectives and outcomes of various manufacturing tests at PCBA.
● Troubleshooting and Design improvements for Customer/Field issues.
Key Skills & Experience
● Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering, or allied branches.
● Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere.
● Should be able to perform hardware testing and validations with minimal support.
● 2+ years of experience in Quality/testing/manufacturing/operations of electronic devices.
● At least 1+ years’ experience of working with contract manufacturers for all stages of product development.
*Should have excellent troubleshooting skills on Electrical / Electronic boards to find the root cause and to debug.
● Strong understanding of electronic concepts, working principles and basic electronics.
● Should be proficient with usage of LAB equipment like oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, current and voltage probes etc.
● Familiarity with MS Office tools.
● Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills. Good writing & speaking skills.
● Ability to own and drive a task to its completion. Excellent team player.
● Well organized, methodical, and detail oriented.
● Experience in Embedded device testing, sensor testing and device assembly and testing.
Interested candidates can send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to receive future opportunities from Embedkari, Fill this form.